All public logs

From Usenet Big-8 Management Board

Combined display of all available logs of Usenet Big-8 Management Board. You can narrow down the view by selecting a log type, the username (case-sensitive), or the affected page (also case-sensitive).

Logs
(newest | oldest) View (newer 50 | ) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500)
  • 16:43, 14 January 2022 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Category:Meeting minutes for 2022 (Created page with "Category:Meeting minutes")
  • 16:42, 14 January 2022 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2022-01-14 (Created page with "Present: RL, JE, TM * Administration ** Defunct comp.software.shareware.* groups *** TM has reviewed the procedure to remove newsgroups and will endeavour to prepare the...")
  • 17:06, 10 December 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-12-10 (Created page with "Present: RL, JE, TM * Administration ** E-mail from Paul Schleck re removal of {{news|rec.radio.broadcasting}} *** Agreed to defer initiating the removal process for one year...")
  • 16:35, 12 November 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-11-12 (Created page with "Present: RL, JE, TM * Wiki ** TM has updated the Announcements page with {{news|comp.infosystems.gemini}} RFD; old announcements archived * Administration ** TM has writt...")
  • 15:23, 12 November 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Nan:2021-10-22-result-comp.infosystems.gemini (Created page with "'''Note:''' The dates in the "Change History" section mistakenly have the day and month switched. <pre> From: Jason Evans <board@big-8.org> Newsgroups: news.announce.newgroup...")
  • 15:22, 12 November 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Nan:2021-10-08-rfd-comp.infosystems.gemini (Created page with "'''Note:''' The dates in the "Change History" section mistakenly have the day and month switched. <pre> From: Jason Evans <jsevans@big-8.org> Newsgroups: news.announce.newgro...")
  • 16:25, 5 November 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-11-05 (Created page with "Present: RL, JE, TM * Administration ** JE - {{news|comp.infosystems.gemini}} was created on Monday, 25 October at around 20:00GMT. Many news servers (especially commercially...")
  • 15:29, 15 October 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-10-15 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Infrastructure ** TM: Issues with the news.groups.proposals submission notifications have been fixed; Jonathan Kamens has arranged for these to be s...")
  • 15:34, 8 October 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-10-08 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Administration ** Initial RFD for {{news|comp.infosystems.gemini}} has been discussed and positively received ** JE to post a final RFD per the procedur...")
  • 15:26, 1 October 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-10-01 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE ** Administration: ** JE: The [https://lists.orbitalfox.eu/archives/gemini/2021/007227.html Gemini mailing list] is interested in creating a newsgroup {{n...")
  • 15:13, 10 September 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-09-10 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Infrastructure: ** RL: Still working on moderation submission notification bug ** Publicity: ** JE: Wants to resume work on conference planning soon * S...")
  • 15:09, 27 August 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-08-27 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL * Infrastructure ** RL, TM: Moderator notification script still not correctly handling submissions without a "Newsgroup:" header, as evidenced by a (spam) sub...")
  • 15:13, 20 August 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-08-20 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Infrastructure ** As promised, RL modified the notification script on Panix so that it contains a mapping of To addresses to newsgroups, and uses this t...")
  • 15:22, 13 August 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-08-13 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Infrastructure ** TM: For article submissions sent by e-mail to comp-ai@nan.users.panix.com, STUMP (sometimes?) sends a notification with the headers<pr...")
  • 15:22, 6 August 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-08-06 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL Apologies: JE * Infrastructure ** RL reviewed TM's new [https://github.com/UsenetBig8/mimestrip mimestrip] and identified a possible bug; TM fixed this and a...")
  • 15:38, 30 July 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-07-30 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Wiki ** TM: Minor revisions to word/formatting of How to find a charter ** JE: Considered posting How to find a charter to {{news|news.announce....")
  • 14:29, 28 July 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-07-23 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL, Ronda Hauben, Jay Hauben * With no urgent items of business on the agenda, the meeting instead discussed the past, present, and future of Usenet with gue...")
  • 14:17, 28 July 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs moved page How to Find a Charter to How to find a charter (normalize capitalization)
  • 14:16, 28 July 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-07-16 (Created page with "Present: RL, TM, JE * Infrastructure ** RL: Russ Allbery has created a new control message signing key for Big-8 hierarchies and wants to send us a copy. RL asked him to do s...")
  • 15:48, 18 June 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-06-18 (Created page with "* Infrastructure ** JE: I did some research on control messages and Google Groups. It appears that Google is not adding new newsgroups even when they are created correctly and...")
  • 14:35, 18 June 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-06-11 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Conference ** JE: OpenSUSE Conference was handled by [https://venueless.org Venueless]; pricing is €499 ** JE: Jitsi 8x8 emailed me and says that they...")
  • 11:46, 18 June 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-06-04 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Publicity ** TM: Our Reddit AMA seems to have resulted in a spike in views (ca. 90) and engagements to our Facebook page posts ** JE: Our Reddit AMA wa...")
  • 18:55, 28 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-05-28 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Publicity ** Reddit AMA *** JE advertised on Usenet, Reddit, and Twitter; TM on Facebook; RL and TM promoted on social media *** Agreed that JE to use h...")
  • 16:12, 21 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-05-21 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Publicity ** Reddit AMA *** Agreed to schedule for next Friday from 21:00 to 22:00 CEST. *** Agreed to keep in touch on Jitsi during meeting to coordina...")
  • 15:56, 14 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-05-14 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE * Publicity ** JE's report on hosting an AMA on Reddit: *** All we need to do is start a new thread and then publicize it (elsewhere on Reddit/Internet) *** C...")
  • 14:23, 13 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Nan:2021-05-10-board-finances (Created page with "<pre> From: Tristan Miller <tmiller@big-8.org> Newsgroups: news.groups,news.announce.newgroups Subject: Big-8 Management Board finances Followup-To: news.groups Date: Mon, 10...")
  • 15:34, 7 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-05-07 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Publicity ** TM: Moved JE's text on finances from Press releases/2020-11 to Finances and How to volunteer or donate, as it's probably better...")
  • 14:30, 7 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Finances (Created page with "The Usenet Big-8 Management Board is financed entirely through donations by Board members or members of the public. Our regular recurring expenditures are as follows: * €4...")
  • 14:20, 7 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs moved page How to volunteer to How to volunteer or donate
  • 14:08, 7 May 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-04-30 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL Apologies: JE * Administration ** TM to prepare Open Collective announcement in case JE is not able to ** TM to compile list of outstanding tasks * Infrastru...")
  • 12:24, 16 April 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-04-16 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Administration ** JE has announcement/budget ready and will post on wiki; RL and TM to review it before we post it on Usenet ** TM has responded to Brai...")
  • 15:44, 9 April 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-04-09 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Administration ** JE was unable to draft the Open Collective announcement/budget; will do so before next meeting * Misc ** JE received an e-mail from Ro...")
  • 15:37, 9 April 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-03-29 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Administration ** TM registered [https://opencollective.com/usenetbig8 a collective on Open Collective for the Board], added JE and RL as members, and a...")
  • 15:26, 22 March 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-03-19 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Administration ** The Board discussed possible Open Collective fiscal hosts and agreed that Open Collective Europe seemed most appropriate. TM to regis...")
  • 09:11, 15 March 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-03-12 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Administration ** The Board met with Pia Mancini of Open Collective to discuss how things would work in practice. Summary of findings: *** We must selec...")
  • 16:16, 12 March 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-03-05 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL, JE * Publicity ** Our LibrePlanet workshop has been accepted, though as the conference is only a couple weeks away we no longer have time to prepare for it....")
  • 16:12, 26 February 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-02-26 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL Apologies: JE * Publicity ** LibrePlanet program still not released; TM to write to organizers to ask whether we will be presenting, as we need to schedule t...")
  • 15:43, 26 February 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-02-19 (Created page with "Present: TM, RL Apologies: JE * Infrastructure ** RL has updated the GnuPG-related configuration for our STUMP installations on Panix, following Paul Schleck's discovery of...")
  • 15:40, 26 February 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-02-12 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Infrastructure ** JE has renewed the big-8.org domain name for two years and has covered the expenses for now; TM/RL can pay for the web hosting before...")
  • 16:25, 5 February 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-02-05 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Admin ** JE reported that Geoff Wood has now posted an RFD for rec.audio.pcdaw to news.groups, which has been well received so far. * Wiki ** JE rep...")
  • 16:18, 5 February 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-01-29 (Created page with "Present: TM, JE, RL * Admin ** Geoff W. is asking to see if we have a copy of the RFD that he submitted. JE to handle this. ** The Board further discussed the possibility of...")
  • 16:22, 22 January 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-01-22 (Created page with "Present: RL, TM, JE * Admin ** TM: Alternatives to incorporating the Board as a legal entity: [https://opencollective.com/europe Open Collective Europe] or [https://opencolle...")
  • 16:19, 15 January 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-01-15 (Created page with "Present: RL, TM, JE * Admin ** JE received email from Geoff Wood. He would not like to take over an existing group. Instead, he would like to go forward with creating {{news|...")
  • 16:26, 8 January 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Category:Meeting minutes for 2021 (Category:Meeting minutes)
  • 16:26, 8 January 2021 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2021-01-08 (Created page with "Present: RL, TM, JE * Publicity ** TM: There appear to be three Big-8 Twitter accounts dating from 2013: [https://twitter.com/newsaimportant @newsaimportant], [https://twitte...")
  • 11:17, 24 December 2020 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Charter for news.admin.announce (Created page with "News.admin.announce is a forum for important announcements for news administrators. It is a moderated forum, watched over by a team of moderators for added speed. Possible top...")
  • 11:15, 24 December 2020 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Category:News.admin.announce (Created page with "{{lowercase}} Category:Big-8 Management Category:Newsgroups Category:Moderation")
  • 11:15, 24 December 2020 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page News.admin.announce (a forum for important announcements for news administrators)
  • 16:23, 11 December 2020 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2020-12-11 (Created page with "Present: RL, TM, JE * Publicity ** JE reported that his oSLO presentation has not been posted online due to a technical problem with the recording, but that the oSLO organize...")
  • 16:42, 4 December 2020 Tristan Miller talk contribs created page Minutes/2020-12-04 (Created page with "Present: RL, TM Apologies: JE * Infrastructure/Administration ** TM has not yet written to Tim Skirvin re mailing lists but will do so soon. ** Tim Skirvin no longer has wor...")
(newest | oldest) View (newer 50 | ) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500)