From Usenet Big-8 Management Board
  • Administration
  • Infrastructure
    • Mail server
      • RL still to look into some NGP submission notifications still going to our Junk folder.
      • RL still to work on getting the webmail and admin front-ends working again.
  • Software
    • PyModerator: RL has been continuing to work on this, setting up a local Git repository to track his progress.
    • TM has had further communication individually with his student, Edward McGuire, and Greg Pfeil, who are amenable to continuing the discussion together. Edward asked whether STUMP has a developer mailing list; TM created one and will ask everyone to subscribe, and will also arrange a video meeting if everyone is amenable to the idea.
  • Wiki
    • Greg Pfeil requested permission to edit the Board's wiki in order to improve the page on moderation software. TM noted that MediaWiki has very little support for access control, which might make it difficult to isolate the private areas of the wiki from logged-in users. It was agreed that TM would suggest that Greg submit his edits by e-mail for now, with a view to revisiting the matter if the volume of edits becomes such that finding an access control solution would require less work.
  • Finances
    • TM has reviewed the applications requirements for OTF's funding programs. STUMP would not (yet) qualify for its FOSS Sustainability Fund due to lack of steady releases, but might be eligible through the Internet Freedom Fund (IFF). The guidelines indicate that "ideal" applicants seek at least $50,000. It may be easiest to route the funding through TM's employer, and he has written to its research funding office to ask how this would work. He is still waiting for their response.
    • TM has submitted and approved expenses through Open Collective for Panix hosting. RL indicated that he has outstanding expenses that he has not yet claimed. TM thought JE likewise had outstanding expenses. Our OC balance probably wouldn't cover any further expenses without further donations from the Board members (or some external donors).
  • Misc
    • Agreed to delay the start of the 26 April meeting by half an hour due to a conflicting appointment of TM's.