From Usenet Big-8 Management Board
  • Administration
    • comp.sys.wearables comp.sys.wearables on Google Groups, comp.protocols.dns.bind comp.protocols.dns.bind on Google Groups, rec.radio.broadcasting rec.radio.broadcasting on Google Groups, comp.os.plan9 comp.os.plan9 on Google Groups
      • No further updates.
    • Moderation status of news.admin.technical news.admin.technical on Google Groups
      • Ivo Gandolfo has agreed to take over as moderator and says he has the requisite technical resources in place. He will write to Russ Allbery to ask whether he would serve as a backup moderator. Agreed to wait for further news from him.
    • comp.programming.literate comp.programming.literate on Google Groups
      • In April 2023 the Board received an e-mail from Edward McGuire requesting that the moderation status of this group be changed to unmoderated. At the time, JS responded that this was inadvisable. Edward has now responded that he is prepared to take over moderatorship of the group with the blessing of the charter moderator, Norman Ramsey. Edward indicates that he has already set up the necessary moderation software. RL advised Edward to have Norman register the change of moderator with the ISC. TM to ask Edward to let us know once the change has been effected so that the Board can announce the change of moderator.
  • Infrastructure
    • Mail server
      • RL still to work on getting the webmail and admin front-ends working again.
  • Software
    • RL is continuing to produce a version of PyModerator that works with Python 3 and will send this to the maintainer when it is ready.
    • Edward McGuire has reported a bug in STUMP. The meeting examined the report and determined that this was very likely a case of outdated documentation. TM to reply to the report and to Edward's offer to help with STUMP maintenance.
    • TM has discovered that his institution is not currently offering any courses directly relevant to web/network programming, but will continue to inquire about students in other courses who might be interested in working on (Web)STUMP.
  • Misc
    • Agreed to cancel next week's meeting due to the public holiday. Next meeting on 5 April.