From Usenet Big-8 Management Board
Present: RL, TM, JE
- TM: Alternatives to incorporating the Board as a legal entity: Open Collective Europe or Open Source Collective. It was agreed to review this material and discuss it at the next meeting.
- JE: Dario N. is no longer interested in being moderator for comp.os.linux.announce
- JE: Geoff W. will should be submitting a new RFD to news.announce.newgroups with discussion happening on news.groups.proposals per the official steps.
- JE: Paul S. is curating a series of "30 Years Ago" articles for rec.radio.amateur.*. JE provided him with the original posts from when these groups were created as he requested as well as the original control files.
- TM: Received a request to become moderator of the comp.ai.fuzzy "Google Group"; replied with general information on Usenet and moderation. (Note that the group in question is unmoderated.) The enquirer will consult with this colleagues and get back if interested in pursuing the idea of a new group (or change in moderation status of the existing group).
- JE: Reached out to community regarding identifying dead newsgroups, but no response. Will consult our own wiki for what process was used last time.
- RL: Looking at unifying rejection reasons across STUMP/WebSTUMP; default installations use different reasons and don't have default rejection reasons for spam. Will keep working on it next week.