Members and Duties
The Technical Team is appointed by the Board to issue control messages, moderate announcement groups, maintain the big-8.org web site and mailing lists, and perform other similar duties required to achieve the mission of the B8MB.
Coordinator: Tim Skirvin
Contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russ Allbery -- PGP control keys, scripts
- Todd Michel McComb -- n.a.n. moderation
- Dave Sill -- wikimaster, news.admin.announce moderation team, 24/7/365 technical support for Board members.
- submission address: email@example.com
- e-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moderators: Brian Emonds, Tim Skirvin, and Dave Sill.
- n.a.a. Charter: "News.admin.announce is a forum for important announcements for news administrators. It is a moderated forum, watched over by a team of moderators for added speed. Possible topics for messages include announcements regarding news transport or browsing software, Frequently Asked Questions lists, announcements of new EMP cancellers, announcements of new cancellation criteria, reports that directly relate to the future of Usenet, reports on legal issues that directly affect news administrators such as the Communications Decency Act, and so forth. ..."
- submission address: email@example.com
- e-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moderators: Steve Bonine, Doug Freyburger, Kathy Morgan, Tim Skirvin
The big-8.org domain is registered by Jason Evans, who has the account ID and password.
The registraion record contains the address of a DNS server run by Tim Skirvin.
The Board's e-mail is hosted on the same private VPS server as the website.
The board's Wiki is hosted on a private VPS server owned by the Big-8 Management Board.
The following people are subscribed to the board's mailing list, even though they are not members.
- Kathy Morgan