From Usenet Big-8 Management Board
Present: RL, JE, TM
- TM reported on (Web)STUMP membership requests on Savannah from Roy Engelhausen, moderator of misc.legal.moderated. TM to follow up to ask how he is interested in contributing
- RL reported that he has merged in most of Owen Rees's changes, and fixed a few minor bugs himself. One of Owen's major changes, allowing a single WebSTUMP and STUMP instance to manage multiple groups, has been held back for now. It was agreed that the Board would work on updating the documentation such that it reflects the existing state of the code and then work towards a 2.6 release in the near future.
- TM reports that his RFD for comp.software.shareware.* is still in preparation; a draft should be available in the next few days.
- JE received an e-mailed request to create a newsgroup and responded by pointing the enquirer to the relevant procedures.
- JE received helpful advice from the openSUSE Conference organizer on the technical aspects of holding an online conference. TM will consider how to obtain funding.
- Following an e-mail conversation with Russ Zaccari, Paul Schleck, and Jonathan Kamens, it was decided to leave our SpamCop auto-reporter turned off, as the danger of falsely implicating the moderation relays was too great.