From Usenet Big-8 Management Board
Revision as of 17:30, 4 December 2020 by Tristan Miller (Created page with "Present: JE, RL, TM * Publicity ** E-mail from Marty Moleski (2020-11-23) asking if we can take over the [https://www.facebook.com/Newsannouncenewgroups-Usenet-Newsgroup-1810...")
Present: JE, RL, TM
- E-mail from Marty Moleski (2020-11-23) asking if we can take over the Facebook pages for news.announce.newgroups and news.announce.important. TM to send a response confirming that we will take over the groups and then to post an announcement on the groups directing readers to our new website. TM to report back on whether the announcements triggered any activity/feedback, and if not, Board to discuss decommissioning the groups.
- TM reported that Mark Saltveit responded to our press release with some follow-up questions.
- JE reported that Linux Magazine responded to our press release with an auto-acknowledgment.
- comp.os.linux.announce : No further updates.
- Proposed PC audio group: No further updates.
- TM reported that everyone contacted has agreed to relicense their contributions under CC BY-SA. TM to update the wiki footer accordingly.
- TM reported that Tim Skirvin has agreed to remain on the various task forces, for which we will need to re-establish mailing lists. TM to write to Tim asking whether he prefers aliases or bona-fide lists.
- JE: No further updates on the (Web)STUMP forks.
- RL to start working on bugs and to look at fork.