What's new on this web site?
Thursday 15 July 2010
- Made up an index detailing the Conversion from Dokuwiki to MediaWiki.
Saturday 10 July 2010
- Finished the announcements around 10:50 AM EDT.
- Testing whether dropping myself from the "bot" group will show my edits on the Recent Pages page.
Friday 9 July 2010
- Finished draft of Board's private pages.
- Started filling in some Announcements. These numbers may not be exact (they are from file counts), but they represent the right order of magnitude:
Thursday 8 July 2010
- Finished review of all public pages at 10:00 EDT. Time to start on the board area.
Wednesday 7 July 2010
- Finished drafting all the pages linked to the Main Page.
- Finished drafting all articles that are linked in Main Page articles.
Tuesday 6 July 2010
- First drafts of logo, favicon
Monday 5 July 2010
- Translation to MediaWiki begun.
Sunday 4 July 2010
- MediaWiki installed on Big-8 server.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
- Added some additional information to the FAQ about changes in ISP Usenet policies. Several more companies have agreed to limit access to newsgroups that carry child pornography. I don't know whether they allow access to the Big-8.
Tuesday, June 25, 2008
- Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner (Roadrunner) have changed their Usenet policies. I've put up a FAQ to help deal with questions from unsettled Verizon users.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
- I took the link to this page off of the main page on the web site. I don't update it often enough to make it of general interest. After nine months or so, the site seems to me to be pretty complete.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
- A new page on the history of how Big-8 management developed.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
- news.groups.proposals pages added.
- Many other pages altered to provide proper information about n.g.p.
Sunday, November 12, 2006
- David E. Ross has compiled a survey of the RFCs under which Usenet operates.
- He also has opened a page for the FAQs and reference materials on this site.
Tuesday, November 7, 2006
- Three new Board members elected: Doug McClure, Kathy Morgan, Jeremy Nixon. Several pages adjusted.
Tuesday, October 3, 2006
- Edited pages to indicate transition from the Board's probationary period to permanent status.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
- The pace of rolling out new pages has slowed considerably in the last few weeks. As we approach our third month of operation, the structure of the site seems to be reasonably complete. If you see the need for a new section, please let us know.
Friday, May 26, 2006
- (8 July 2010: The old "Navigation page" has been replaced by the Navigation sidebar.)
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
- Started a page on the grammar and syntax of Usenet names.
Sunday, May 21, 2006
- Drawing of the newsgroup creation process.
Friday, May 19, 2006
- Started drafting a rmgroup RFD.
- Revised the queue to indicate the creation stages more clearly (my format failed; replaced by Announcements).
- Drafted a news.* FAQ.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
- Revamped opening page, trying to make the site map more useful.
- Several new big-8.org mailing addresses have been spread through the pages. Thanks, Brian!
- soc.religion.asatru was approved by the Board.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
- Got started on a Moderation FAQ.
Monday, May 15, 2006
- Did first draft for the creation RFD outline..
- I think things are stabilizing. We've got the big sections of the site all mapped out. "Life is a series of small adjustments."
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
- Tied together some related pages with links.
- Grouped the committe information into a new namespace ("workgroups"). Broke some of the links I just made.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
- Copied draft for newsgroup creation process to the site.
Friday, April 7, 2006
- Added four ideas to the queue (8 July 2010: bad idea, as it turned out).
Friday, March 31, 2006
- Volunteer page added.
- A wikimaster modified some of my jokes. They're still funny, just different.
- Somewhere around this time, Marty Moleski became chair of the News Service Providers Committee (NSPC). (8 July 2010: it's dead as a doornail.)
Monday, March 27, 2006
- rec.boardgames.gomoku and rec.boardgames.renju added to queue
Sunday, March 26, 2006
- Fixed a couple of links that I broke by niftying up the site.
- M. Dodel added the list of newsreaders.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
- Filled in page on the ISC Archives.
- Started shuffling stuff around in the new policies namespace.
Friday, March 24, 2006
- I dropped a few things into the history page.
- Grouped three sections together: Newsgroup Creation, Newsgroup Removal, and Changing Moderation Status. Will try to move the material we have on these topics, such as it is, to the new namespace tomorrow.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
- Took a vow to delete/recreate as few pages as possible.
- Had lunch.
- Recruited a volunteer to care for some pages. Drat! I'm logged in under his name. Back in a flash.
- Mark fleshed out the pages for News Service Providers and Newsreaders. Thanks, Mark!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
- First correction rec'd and error fixed. Thanks, MD!
- Member pages--links to background and contact information for some of us.
- Started list of news service providers.
- Links page.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
- Wiki opened around noon.
- Visitors welcomed in the evening.