How to volunteer or donate
If you'd like to volunteer to help run the Big-8, please contact the Board. Let us know your background, skills, availability, and areas of interest so we can match tasks with the right people.
Some of the areas in which we are asking for volunteer help are the following:
- Dead Groups Task Force: identify groups that can and should be removed from the canonical list.
- Group Mentors: help proponents develop good proposals.
- News.answers Liaison: facilitate communication between news.answers and the B8MB.
- News Service Providers Committee: cultivate good working relationships with NSPs and ISPs.
- Usenet Volunteer Moderators (UVM): facilitate communication with and provide support for Big-8 newsgroup moderators.
- Usenet Volunteer Polltakers (UVP): develop polls to help answer various questions.
Joining the Board
Before joining the Board, we encourage you to volunteer for one or more of the subcommittees (listed above).
If you are interested in joining the Board, please contact us.
In March 2021, the Usenet Big-8 Management Board joined Open Collective Europe in order to make all of its financial activities transparent. If you would like to make a financial contribution to the Board, you can do so via the Usenet Big-8 Management Board Open Collective.